The Object of the Boys’ Brigade is the Advancement of Christ’s Kingdom among Boys and the Promotion of habits of Obedience, Reverence, Discipline, Self-respect and all that tends towards a true Christian Manliness.
Towards this end, the Boys’ Brigade has a comprehensive program to develop Boys’ character and life skills from childhood through to adulthood. As a result, a significant number of Boys develop a life long association with the Boys’ Brigade.
To have a more detailed understanding of the Boys’ Brigade click for more info.
The weekly activities (aka Parade) for the Junior Program include the following:
- Life skills
- Character education through Christian Bible values
A range of other activities are organised from time to time. These include:
Each year there are activities organised at company, national or at the community level:
- BB Day (12 Jan) to commemorate the Founding of the Boys’ Brigade in Singapore
- BB Adventure Quest Competition for Juniors for P6s (Mar)
- BB Week (Mar/Apr) to raise funds for the Boys’ Brigade and company’s activities
- BB Enrolment Ceremony (Mar/Apr)
- BB Character Quest (July/Aug)
- BB Cares (Aug) : Click to for more info.
- BB Share-A-Gift (Dec) : Click for more info.
For details on the Uniform and Awards, see: Juniors Programme.
Parents and Boys are encouraged to view the above link and familiarise themselves with the uniform and various awards.
The GOLD AWARD is the highest award for the Junior Program and has strict requirements to be fulfilled during the 3 to 4 years that the Boys are in the Boys’ Brigade.
Award Badges, Lanyards, Achievement Kits and Handbooks are NOT to be purchased from the BB Shop. They will be awarded / given by the company officers to the Boys when they have attained the necessary attendance and requirements.
New BB Boy Uniform Components
Parents please note!
The school teachers will arrange a specific date to bring all the New Boys to the BB Shop at the HQ to purchase their uniforms.
Each New Junior BB Boy will be equipped with the following uniform components:
- Cap Badge (to be pinned on cap)
- Navy Blue B. B. Short Sleeved Shirt (with flashes, velcro and BB Logo pre-sown)
- Navy Blue B. B. Shorts
- White Nylon Belt
- Chrome Belt Buckle (to be affixed onto Belt)
- Junior Polo T Shirt
- Navy Blue B.B. Sports Shorts
- Silver Name Tag
- Badge Armlet
- Navy Blue Socks
- Black Canvas Shoe